With the announcement of the second wave of new lockdown measures about to come into force earlier today. Our business community will face more challenges and restraints.
West Midlands House will not close and your space will remain accessible but we ask that you continue to observe the social distancing and face-covering policies at all times when in the building.
For those working from home, we will be assisting with mail and message forwarding and supporting you through the coming weeks. Our Team are here and ready to help!
These new lockdown measures include:
- The closure of all pubs, bars and restaurants to the public. Though those able to provide takeaway service or delivery can continue to operate.
- The closure of all non-essential retail, leisure, hairdressers, gyms and entertainment venues.
- They are ceasing all mixing of people inside home settings – although exceptions are made for childcare and other support needs.
- Travel within England to be discouraged and also between other areas of the UK.
- You can only travel internationally for work only.
- You can only have overnight stays away from home for work purposes.
Courts, schools and universities will remain open and other sectors including manufacturing and construction are being actively encouraged to operate in line with COVID-19 secure safety guidelines. Those who can work from home should continue to do so.
The Prime Minister also announced that the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme or ‘Furlough’ scheme will now be extended until the 2nd December. This will cover 80% of employee wages.
Please contact us for further information.